Based in Belgrade, Montana, David is a freelance hunting and outdoor photographer. Growing up in the small town of Dayton, Washington he discovered his passion for the outdoors early on and his love of photography soon followed. He can be found crisscrossing the Western US from September though November photographing wildlife and friends as they indulge in their outdoor pursuits.
- Who got you into hunting / fishing? Why do you still do it?
- My dad, just enjoy being out in nature and pursuing wild game.
- How do you prepare for a hunt?
- Mostly by hiking a lot to stay in shape physically. Most of these hikes are done while carrying a camera around the mountains hoping to find an animal to photograph.
- What is your favorite hunting / fishing memory?
- My first deer, 16 years ago. With my dad on my grandpa's property and was able to harvest a mule deer, then watch my dad harvest a mule deer as well, same day.
- What is your favorite type of hunt/fish or place to hunt/fish?
- Tie between an elk hunt and mule deer hunt.
- What is the most beautiful thing you've seen while out on a hunt?
- My sister killing her first deer and becoming overwhelmed with emotion.
- What is your dream hunt/fish trip?
- Backcountry/Wilderness elk hunt on horseback.
- What is in your vehicle?
- A foam mattress in the bed with a canopy, always on the move.
- What is your favorite quote or words you live by?
- Life begins where your comfort zone ends.